All skinny jeans are not created equal and depending on your body shape and height, there is a definite way to wear them. Here are a few tips from me!
- Try on different brands and cuts to decide just how fitted you want them to be. The right pair can make you look thin!
- Look for styles that come up high enough in the back if you have a curvy figure for the most flattering effect.
- Look for straight-legged styles if true “skinny jeans” just don’t work on you. You can achieve the same look.
- Wear tops that are long enough to cover any problem areas you have. Tunics or long slim fitted sweaters can usually work well. Make sure you belt the tunic if you need to create a waist or are short.
- Pair a short dress with skinny jeans instead of wearing tights. This is a modern, and warm, option. Be careful, short women cannot pull of this look. You will look pregnant or larger than you are. Wear a blazer or belt the short dress. Wearing a ruffled long top is great as well if you are short.
- Pair skinny jeans with ballet flats for a great day look.
- Put on knee-high boots with the jeans tucked in for a modern silhouette.
Step into high-heeled shoes to dress up skinny jeans for a night on the town.
- A long coat-like cardigan and black booties make for a cool city outfit thatâ€™ll work year-round.
- For a fresh look for spring, wear a striped tee over a slim-fitting tank and skinny jeans. Add oversized sunglasses and a messenger bag or hobo bag for a modern take on 1960’s style. Finish off this outfit with black flats.